For over 130 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,500 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility.
Are you an energetic, motivated and driven sales person? Would you like to join an international Specialty Chemicals business with an ambitious growth agenda? We are looking for a Sales Manager with the capacity to understand our products and application areas and whom has the ambition to grow into the role.
About the position
This position is part of our Business Area ‘Specialty Polyols & Solutions ‘. The BA consist of the individual business units Penta, TMP & NEO Polyols, Specialty Polyols and Formates. Our products are used in many areas, for example in industrial coatings, plastic materials, polyurethane dispersions, de-icing, synthetic lubricants and many more.
You will build and drive the progress for new business at assigned prospect accounts in order to build business growth in the region and manage existing accounts. Prioritization of business opportunities based on margin and time payback. Responsibilities include deciding quotations and final agreement of terms/ negotiation with customers in your defined region (within parameters / pricing range set by Business / Sales, supply details set by Supply Chain). You will also maintain and develop our existing customers and deliver high level of customer satisfaction.
Your main KPI will be sales margins vs budget and delivered business growth in the targeted segment.
Daily tasks include:
- Maximise margin and profitability at each assigned customer within BA Speciality Polyols & Solutions
- Build and progress the business growth pipeline for all products within the BA Specialty Polyols and Solutions
- Be a strong contributor for development and implementation of Sales strategy in the region, as part of the Perstorp’s 2023 strategy implementation.
- Potentially drive global business opportunities across borders, when the key decision makers are based in your region.
- Potentially drive and contribute to local supply chain optimization initiatives from Sales perspective
- Manage and organize sales activities within defined region, and drive and manage the sales process, incl. quotation development (within volume and price parameters defined by Business/ Sales Management), negotiations, closing of contracts (within volume and price parameters defined by Business/ Sales Management) and entry of agreement and customer info (incl. price, volume, payment terms, contacts, customer requirements, customer solvency) into systems.
- MSc degree in Chemistry and or a business/finance degree paired with relevant experience from the chemical or other industrial manufacturing sectors.
- Strong business development skills to build customer relationships from the beginning and to drive through business development projects with customers.
- Strong commercial skills in negotiations, communication, argumentation, customer relationships management.
- Great capability to learn and to work in a team. The person should be self-driven, motivated and eager to learn and take on challenges.
- Ambition to move into GKA, Sales Management, Business Management in the future
- German and English speaking for professional communication is required.
- Great understanding and network in the specialty chemicals market in the region will be a plus.
- This position will require extensive traveling in the region (50%), having a driver’s license is a must.
The Position is home based and requires a lot of travelling in the region. Your residence should be ideally in the south of Germany, preferably close to Frankfurt. However, other locations in Germany will be considered.
For more information about this position please contact David Turner, VP Region Head EMEA Sales, +46406358821.Read more about Perstorp at www.perstorp.com