Pellets that are too dry fall apart and pellets that contain too much moisture tend to take odd shapes, both of which mean a loss of production capacity. The ideal situation: moisture that at mixing level is bound to feed components for a good moisture balance combined with strong mold inhibitor to prevent mold growth.
Standardize the moisture content of your pellets
During the production process of compound feed, moisture loss can be a major issue. Moisture loss can increase more than 3%. This has a negative effect on pellet quality and is a major expense. For example: at a feed mill that produces 100,000 ton p/y, a 1% reduction of moisture loss can save up to € 300.000,- per year.
The solution: ProSid™ Pellet Pro
A mold inhibitor and surfactant using the power of esterified propionic acid.
- a balanced feed moisture content without the risks of molds or bacteria
- optimize the moisture content of your feed
- increased feed pellet quality
Better results thanks to the esterifying technology
- secure quality of your product – equal pellets thanks to homogenous spread
- serves as a surfactant – lowers the surface tension of water
- a longer lasting mold inhibiting effect than other products
- highly concentrated, non-ADR solution
Mold growth over time under optimized test conditions. The graph shows mold growth measured by CO2 production over time. Addition of ProSid™ Pellet Pro greatly prolongs the time before mold formation starts compared to untreated and ammonia buffered organic acid based mold inhibitor.