The chemical industry has a large environmental footprint and therefor transforming our industry will have a great impact. It is our responsibility and a prerequisite for long-term survival. Our long term ambition is to become Finite Material Neutral, and we are setting ambitious 2030 targets to reduce our footprint when it comes to Greenhouse gas emissions, Water, Waste and (Eco) Toxic Impact.
Finite Material Neutral
Our long-term sustainability ambition and guiding star are to become Finite Material Neutral, which is a very bold ambition. It reflects the areas where Perstorp has the greatest footprint from its operations. Becoming Finite Material Neutral means, for example, shifting away from all virgin fossil raw materials and energy, and over to renewable, recycled, or recovered at all our production plants globally.
Perstorp works with the following focus areas to become Finite Material Neutral:
- Raw material – switch to 100 percent renewable, recycled, or reclaimed raw materials.
- Energy – improve energy efficiency and use only renewable or recovered energy.
- Water – reduce our total water footprint and ensure that we do not affect the environment or human health negatively through our water use or water effluents.
- Waste – prevent, reduce, recycle and eliminate waste in all phases of its value chain.
- Catalysts – reduce our use of catalysts, and only use reclaimed or recycled catalysts.