It’s World Egg day today! Time to recognize this staple in most of our menu’s and celebrate it for all its nutritional goodness. Good nutrition is a prerequisite for good egg production and our contribution to this makes this a special day for us.
Eggs are one of nature’s highest quality sources of protein, and indeed contain many of the key ingredients for life. The proteins contained within eggs are highly important in the development of the brain and muscles, have a key role to play in disease prevention and contribute to general well being.
Did you know:
- That World Egg Day was established at the IEC Vienna 1996 conference when it was decided to celebrate World Egg Day on the second Friday in October each year?
- That egg whites contain around 57 percent of egg protein? So don’t skip the yolk if you want the full protein benefits of an egg?
- That China accounts for nearly 40% of the world’s egg production? – around 28.8 million metric tons every year?
- That on average, a hen can lay around 250 to 279 eggs a year?
- That eggs don’t just provide high quality protein? They also contain ample anti-oxidants, Vitamins A, B12, D, riboflavin, folate, phosphorous and choline.
- That white eggs are just as nutritional as brown? The shell color just indicates the breed of the chicken and nothing else. Not all eggs are white or brown, some are even blue, reddish brown or speckled.
Our ProPhorce™ SR has exhibited several benefits for laying hens such as improving the egg shell strength, that are explained in the layer brochure >>