Business & Market Development
Application due: February 03, 2019
For over 130 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,500 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility.
You have the opportunity to join a truly international Specialty Chemicals business targeting significant growth and expansion, and to work with both high level strategy and hands-on execution. The new Product Manager Oxo will be an important contributor in this process, reporting to the Vice President, Business Unit Manager Oxo.
The Business Unit Oxo produces and globally sells the so-called oxo chemicals. Typical end applications include safety glass, plasticizers, synthetic lubricants, surfactant & detergents and fuel additives. Perstorp’s world class oxo production unit is located in the chemical cluster in Stenungsund.
Functionally, the new Product Manager Oxo will work in close collaboration with the sales, production, supply chain, marketing and R&D organization. The new Product Manager Oxo will be a key person with focus on the Business Unit’s performance addressing both top- and bottom line.
Although present in many different countries, Perstorp has the warm company culture of a small company. This means you are never anonymous – what you do really counts. You will have the opportunity to influence and contribute.
Essential work assignments and responsibilities
- Further explore and develop opportunities for the product range
- Develop global and regional strategies and tactics for the products
- Optimizing profitability and long-term growth of the products globally
- Being responsible for a number of product aspects such as profitability, product offers, specifications, training etc.
- Maintain a good insight and understanding of product quality, and take responsibility to initiate improvement initiatives if needed
- Develop the related sales budget and follow up on established targets in close collaboration with the sales organization
- Support the Sales organization with short term tactics within the region, price guidance
- Take part in and lead selected development projects
- Cooperate with functions like R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain, Production and Sales
Education and Experience
- MSc degree in Chemistry OR Other degree, e.g. Master Business Administration, paired with experience from the chemical sector
- Approximately 10 years’ work experience
- Experience from managing product portfolios, both on operational and strategic level
- Experience from working in an international environment
- Experience from introducing new products to the market, and develop new segments
- Preferable previous P&L responsibility
- Project Management experience
- Good understanding of mechanisms behind decisions and routing within the chemical industry
- Fluent in written and spoken English
To be successful in this position we believe that you need to be goal-oriented, have a strong inner drive, and a strong business sense. You are able to obtain result by being strategic and operational and have a creative and energetic mind-set. You are a collaborative person who has well-developed communication and networking skills.
The Position is located in Malmö at the Perstorp corporate HQ with extensive travelling mainly within the EMEA region (approximately 4 days per month)