20 June 2007
Price increase on Carboxylic Acids and some Basic Polyols effective July 1st, 2007, or as existing contracts permit
Prices for Carboxylic Acids are increased by:
- 2-Ethylhexanic Acid (2-EHA) EUR 40/MT in Europe and USD 60/MT in overseas markets
- Formic Acid by EUR 30/MT in Europe and USD 50/MT in overseas markets.
- Propionic Acid by EUR 30/MT in Europe
Prices are being increased due to higher raw material costs and a tight market.
Prices for Basic Polyols are increased by:
- Neopentylglycol (Neo) by EUR 75/MT in Europe and USD 100/MT on overseas markets
- NX 795 ester alcohol will increase by EUR 50/MT in Europe and USD 70/MT on all other markets
Prices are being adjusted due to higher cost of operation mainly related to raw materials, energy and logistics.