Perstorp is building a team of high potential employees for it's Greenfield facility at Sayakha - Bharuch - Gujarat. You may apply if you or any of your known references are suitable for this role.
For over 140 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 9.2 billion SEK and have 1,370 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability, care and responsibility.
Position Title: CI Manager
Department: Operations – Global Operational Excellence (OPEX)
Immediate Superior: VP Operational Excellence (First 1.5 yrs)/Site Manager (Afterwards)
Job Type: Full time/Regular
Pay Type: Salary
Work Location: Site Sayakha, Bharuch, India
Schedule: Monday - Friday between the hours of 9:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. with some flexibility to have alternative work hours/schedule. 45 hours per week. May require off hours availability during annual turn arounds and large capex projects on site as well as weekend work on occasion depending on business/site needs.
Job Summary: Develop, implement and maintain global operational excellence standard processes for operations for the Sayakha Site. Optimize the productivity for operations- facilitating and delivering on improvement initiatives. Train and coach the site organizations in lean and six sigma tools.
- Lead and advise on the sites continuous improvement journey.
- Will prepare and lead the transformation from a non-process driven organisation to a process based/driven organisation where the culture must be transformed to one of a strongly structured global organisation.
- Will enhance and develop the improvement and change capabilities of the organisation to support its ongoing and rapid profitable growth.
- Will be the Subject matter expert around change and improvement.
- Defines and selects suitable projects along with Sponsor and Functional Manager, populates project hopper with future opportunities.
- Coach and train the organization in Lean & Six Sigma methodologies.
- Is subject matter expert in the Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Spends available time on Lean Six Sigma projects and tools, training and coaching along with owning OPEX processes globally
- Delivers CI Studies including data and process analysis to understand and define opportunities.
- Delivers both Site maturity and performance analysis.
- Are able to lead multiple lean & Six Sigma projects of a large/complex nature.
- Creates Perstorp Best Practice together with the sites.
- Building Perstorp Production System with Best Practices from BB Projects and other learnings
- Working Globally in the Central OPEX Organization
- Delivers successful projects producing ”confirmed” operational and financial benefit in line with project goals.
- Translate project opportunities to project goals and deliverables.
- Planning activity overview, time schedule & milestones, resources & impact on other business issues or projects.
- Is the team´s “full time” trainer, leader, facilitator, coach and technical advisor
- Is responsible for successful and sustainable project completion / implementation.
- Stakeholder management for the projects
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline with 13-18 yrs relevant experience
- Expert in Change Management / Change Leadership
- Highly capable communicator
- Mentor & Coach
- Data Analysis (including statistical analysis) and Data extraction and manipulation.
- Business Analysis and project design
- Project management
- Highly competent in Excel
- Minitab or JMP expertise
- Lean Six Sigma Trainer & Practitioner
- Trained & preferably certified in Operational Excellence/LSS Practice (6S BB to MBB; Lean, Agile & SPC qualifications also relevant)
- Fluent Local Language – Hindi/Gujarati (verbal and written) and English (verbal and written)
- A pragmatic leader who is not afraid to take measured risks and is motivated by delivery and achieving stretching targets.
- A self-starter/ high achiever who will require minimal support and enjoys the autonomy to deliver.
- Embraces conflict and recognizes it as part of a change leaders role.
- Multi-cultural awareness and skills in navigating in different global sites.
- Prepared to fulfil your global role, facilitating change on the ground, with travel commitment of minimum 120 travel days a year (First 2 yrs) and then 60 days travel a year.
- Able to deploy change where possible remotely
- Look for opportunity to digitalise our processes as part of improvement work
- Lead Business Analysis
- Deliver Complex business change projects
- Coach, Mentor and train at all levels in the organisation
- Deliver/Enable improvements to support the growth and profitability targets of the business.
Authority: Full decision making authority within the context of budget and priorities agreed with VP Operational Excellence/Site Manager. Full authority to stop any unsafe act or process that can harm individual or environment – the Golden Rule