For over 130 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,500 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility.
Are you up for a growth challenge?
About the position
The new business development manager will have the opportunity to join an international Specialty Chemicals business with an ambitious growth agenda within ourPlasticizers and Oxo business area. Modern plasticizers are essential raw material for flexible PVC applications, largely for the construction, home interior, automotive, and consumer plastic articles. The global plasticizer market is in a state of transition with tremendous growth towards more sustainable plasticizer solutions and Perstorp’s products and innovation pipeline are well positioned in this high-growth segments of the market.
You will build and drive the progress for new business at assigned prospects accounts in order to build business growth in the region. Prioritization of business opportunities based on margin and time payback. Deciding quotations and final agreement of terms/ negotiation with customers in defined region (within parameters / pricing range set by Business / Sales, supply details set by Supply Chain). You will also maintain and develop our existing customers and deliver high level of customer satisfaction.
Your main KPI will be sales margins vs budget and delivered business growth in the targeted segment.
Daily tasks include:
- Maximise margin and profitability at each assigned customer within BA Advanced Chemicals
- Build and progress the business growth pipeline for plasticizers and other Oxo products as main growth driver for BA Advanced Chemicals in North America
- Being an strong contributor for development and implementation of Sales strategy in the region, as part of the Perstorp Americas 2023 strategy implementation.
- Potentially drive global business opportunities for global customers in the relevant segment to facilitate the global growth at certain key accounts, together with of local sales manager in Europe or Asia and other supporting functions
- Potentially drive and contribute to local supply chain optimization initiatives from Sales perspective
- Manage and organize sales activities within defined region, and drive and manage the sales process, incl. quotation development (within volume and price parameters defined by Business/ Sales Mgmt), negotiations, closing of contracts (within volume and price parameters defined by Business/ Sales Mgmnt) and entry of agreement and customer info (incl. price, volume, payment terms, contacts, customer requirements, customer solvency) into systems.
This position will require extensive traveling in the region (50%), having a driver’s license is a must.
Strong business development skills to build customer relationships from the beginning and to drive through business development projects with customers.
Great understanding and network on plasticiser or PVC market in North America.
Value-based selling skills, preferably with some technical understanding on plasticiser applications and PVC formulations.
Strong commercial skills in negotiations, communication, argumentation, customer relationships management.
Great capability to learn and to work in a team. The person should be self-driven, motivated and eager to learn and take on challenges.
This job will be focusing on Oxo and PVC plasticizer markets. Previous experience from these markets is a plus.
The Position is home based in somewhere in the US or from Perstorp’s office in Toledo and requires a lot of travelling.