Perstorp is building high potential team for it's Greenfield facility at Sayakha - Bharuch - Gujarat. You may apply if you or any of your known references are suitable for this role.
For over 140 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 9.2 billion SEK and have 1,370 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability, care and responsibility.
Position Title: Sr. Executive/Asst. Manager - Safety & Health
Immediate Superior: EHSQ Manager
Job Type: Full time/Regular
Pay Type: Salary
Work Location: Site Sayakha, Bharuch, India
Schedule: Monday - Friday between the hours of 9:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. with some flexibility to have alternative work hours/schedule.
Job Summary: To assist HSEQ Head to comply with local and global Safety and Health compliances, program and requirements during project, pre commissioning and operational stage. Follow the system developed for the measure and monitoring to ensure compliances related to the GPCB, DISH, PESO, GIDC and other legal departments related to the all type of health and safety management.
1. Focal point for route site EHS Activities
- Maintain a current safety manual prepared by the EPCM consultant. Ensure adherence and compliance of safety manual requirement at site. Highlight the concern / gaps to HSEQ Manager immediately.
- Coordinate with site safety management of EPCM and Construction Contractors up to mechanical completion.
- Ensure EPCM Contractor to meet corporate safety targets at site.
- Prepare monitoring calendar for reporting and communication of site safety status from EPCM consultant.
- Ensure strict compliance to the SWP process
- Execute mock drill and bring improvement in response and reaction time.
- Coordinate with external emergency services like hospital, nearby industries and fire stations to seek any emergency support.
- Play a key role in improvement of site safety culture by participating in various platforms like safety committee meetings, site safety team meetings, walk through etc.
- Motivate workers during various occasions at site like national safety week celebration, world environment day celebration, safe man hours achievement celebrations etc.
- Prepare site safety reports of the project safety activities.
2. Coordinate implementation of Perstorp EHS Requirements
- Ensure implementation of corporate HSEQ requirement during project stage at site.
- Seek support from HSEQ Manager for global requirements as and when required.
- Reporting of EHS performance in RCDB, including near miss, incident and working hour data on RCDB system.
- Participate in Corporate EHS Audits on a periodic basis and ensure implementation of audit findings.
- Conduct regular Safety audits on site and highlight the non- compliances and ensures that necessary actions are taken to mitigate them.
- Effectively implementation of learning from incident occurred within Perstorp or with any other industries to site workers.
3. Support for approval of authority permits [ Environmental and operating ]
- Ensure all legal compliance and assist in permits, license related to EHS.
4. Support the Operations Team with EHS during construction period
- Work with commissioning team to ensure EHS support during commissioning and pre commissioning stage.
- Ensure compliance of statutory requirements related to the HSE during project stage.
- Ensure continuity of SWP from Construction to Operation, and manage the interim during pre-commissioning up to MC and during commissioning.
- Start preparing foundation work for safe and smooth transition from project to operation stage by structuring HSE Management system like preparing documents, procedures, checklist, training modules, monitoring and measuring mechanism frame work.
Education and Experience:
- B.E in engineering with PDIS/ADIS from government approved institute
- A recognized qualification or working towards a recognized Health & Safety management qualification
- Sound Knowledge in Emergency Handling
- At least 8-10 years of experience in the chemical industry, preferably in a high process safety hazard manufacturing environment.
Experience of patrolling, auditing and coordinating Safety and Security of Chemical Industry .
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety standards (legal, ISO, Perstorp Corporate ( LSR ) and industry best practice)
- Responsible for creating, coordinating and monitoring the periodical activity plan for health and safety management at Saykha.
- Ensure compliance with all standards (local legal compliance, ISO, Perstorp Corporate, and industry best practice).
- Develop effective reporting and communication internally and externally.
- Demonstrate a culture of ownership and accountability within the site and Further develop effective working relationships with all the team members
Authority: Empowered to stop any unsafe act or process that can harm individual , environment , property.