Perstorp is building high potential team for it's Greenfield facility at Sayakha - Bharuch - Gujarat. You may apply if you or any of your known references are suitable for this role.
For over 140 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 9.2 billion SEK and have 1,370 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability, care and responsibility.
Position Title: Shift Team Leader
Immediate Superior: Production Manager
Job Type: Full time/Regular
Pay Type: Salary
Work Location: Site Sayakha, Bharuch, India
Schedule: Monday - Friday between the hours of 9:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. with some flexibility to have alternative work hours/schedule.
Job Summary: Responsible for the coordination of all activities within the team in production and Utilities and across the different departments – Supply chain , EHSQ during the shift .Responsible for the staffing within the team. Operating, continuous monitoring and adjustment of the production installation in a safe, environmentally conscious manner in order to make products in accordance with the production specifications in the most productive and safe way that meet the minimum required quality at the lowest cost.
- Continuously checking and optimizing the installations in consultation with supervision and maintenance in order to ensure the highest possible operability in the short and long term during the shift.
- Continuously checking and optimizing the installations in consultation with supervision and maintenance in order to ensure the highest possible operability in the short and long term during the shift .
- Responsible for the start-up of installations and supervision of the installations over the entire plant during the shift activities.
- Elaboration of a monthly operator work schedule, taking into account production and maintenance planning, in such a way that continuity of shifts is maintained towards the occupation.
- Authority to approve leave requests from operators in your own team.
- Authority to call operators (outside office hours) if staffing cannot be guaranteed, eg due to unexpected illness.
- Reporting to the direct supervisor of quantity, quality, safety, environmental or personnel data, as well as the related problems, such that the necessary information is available. If necessary, take additional corrective actions (possibly in consultation with the responsible person).
- Continuous monitoring and adjustment of process and raw materials used in accordance with the predetermined specifications and quantities.
- Organizing the work within the shift, in an interactive way and in consultation with colleagues from another or own department, in order to optimize the work process. Preparing maintenance work, releasing installations, ensuring safety during the execution of the work up to and including putting it back into service.
- Evaluating in emergency situations (fire, work accident, ...), initiating emergency procedures and reporting on this during supervision.
- Responsible for training of new operators with “on the job training”.
- Responsible for the assigned tasks from new improvement processes – PPS , CARE 365 , Safety - such as LOTOTO,….
- The continuous search for improvement of the work processes in order to continuously increase efficiency and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Environmental and safety awareness: to be continuously aware of the environmental, safety and welfare aspects, and to ensure the physical well-being of employees and care for the environment.
- Conduct multi-tasking activities in team for which the training is given.
- Ensure compliance with all environment, health and safety standards during the shift tenure.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry or Experience
- Experience in similar Chemical plant of minimum 5 years
- Language skills: Gujarati/Hindi/English
Core Skills :
- Methodical and problem-solving personality
- Analytical attitude, sense of coordination, cooperation and teamwork
- Safety oriented approach
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Microsoft office tools – Excel, Presentation, Word, Outlook.
- Independently DCS / PLC operation handling according to different work authority level.
- Knowledge of database and productivity Software/Tools e.g. Aspen-tech, SAP-MM etc. ( will be advantage, not mandatory)
Authority: Empowered to take decision in making authority within the context of SOPS during shifts.