Would you like to lead projects which will result in our future products and solutions? Do you have experience from project management in an industrial environment? Check this position out!
About the position
Here is a chance to work in an innovative and creative environment introducing future products and solutions to the market.
We are currently looking for an experienced project manager to join the Innovation organization, where we transform innovative ideas into value and develop the future products and solutions for Perstorp. It is an exciting time, presenting the successful candidate an opportunity to play a key role in our ambitious plans for further growth within the Specialty Chemicals Industry.
In this role you will lead projects of different maturity from development to commercialization of new opportunities. This will give you a great opportunity to develop your internal network and work closely with experts in all types of technical and commercial roles from lab to production and all related regulatory and business stakeholders. You will also work with external partners and customers and always in a global context. The nature of innovation projects are high complexity with timelines over several years, this means you need the ability to zoom in and out to challenge your plans with different scenarios and always ensure we follow the right plan to create value for the company. You will be responsible for delivering the project within scope on time as well as creating an enthusiastic, collaborative and creative environment for the project team.
Your daily work will include driving projects and tasks in parallel and as a member of the Innovation project office you will influence the way we work with project execution in the organization. Perstorp has Care as a core value and this should surround everything we do.
Your main tasks:
- Lead projects introducing new products and solutions to the market. The projects are typically multi-disciplinary and cross-functional with high potential value to the company.
- Translate the customer needs to a defined project with all relevant parts e.g. scope, objective, deliverables and critical timeline to ensure successful project implementation
- Identify the resource and competence needs to maximize creativity potential and lead the way for successful project execution
- Generate different approaches, promote divergent thinking through brainstorming and other techniques.
- Encourage constructive debates and discussion, create engagement and commitment within your project team and stakeholders
- Manage the day to day operation of your projects, act on issues and concerns as well as celebrate small or big successes along the way
- Follow changes that might affect the outcome of the project from an outside perspective as well as project internal changes and work actively with risk management and scenario planning
- Identify opportunities and trends for improvement and drive change
To be successful in this position you are:
- Experienced in taking a product to the market through development, upscaling and commercialization
- Strong in project management
- Business-minded with an ability to turn information into plans and actions
- Entrepreneurial with a strong motivation and drive
- Curious with the ability to analyze and learn new products, processes and applications
- Interested in understanding how Perstorp’ s unique products and chemistry bring value to customers
- A team player that can work in close collaboration with customers, business, sales, R&D and marketing
Education and experiences required:
- Academic education, preferably in chemical engineering, chemistry, material science, product development or similar
- >5 years of working experience in an industrial environment
- Proven project management skills
- Good understanding of the chemical market/industry and knowledge in chemical engineering is beneficial
This position will be based in Sweden with frequent presence in Perstorp where R&D is located. Depending on project international travelling can be required.
For more information about the position, please contact recruiting manager Tove Svärd, Innovation – Project Office, by e-mail at: [email protected] or on +46(0) 766 342 558
Perstorp believes in improving everyday life – making it safer, more convenient and more environmentally sound for billions of people all over the world. As a world leading specialty chemicals company, our innovations provide essential properties for products used every day and everywhere. You’ll find us all the way from your car and mobile phone to towering wind turbines and the local dairy farm. Simply put, we work to make good products even better, with a clear sustainability agenda. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,350 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America.