Process Development Specialist
Are you a skilled engineer with experience in scaling up chemical processes? You might be the person we are looking for!
About the position
Being a sustainable solutions provider is part of Perstorp’s corporate mission and thereby at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make. As we transition towards sustainable manufacturing within Perstorp, Innovation sees a need to strengthen and expand the competence within the field of process development and up-scaling. The role is placed in the Chemical and Process Development department that supports the entire Perstorp Group with expert knowledge in the fields of chemistry, reaction engineering and process technology. We are 14 in total of which 5 are specialists in different areas. We are part of the Innovation organization consisting of 65 employees.
What will you do?
It is an exciting time with many interesting and challenging projects in the pipeline. The Chemical and Process Development department is responsible for process development from the initial screening phase up to up-scaling. The group leads and takes part in development work for new and existing products working with other departments within Innovation as well as the Technology departments. The position as Process Development Specialist offers a unique possibility to follow the products from idea to lab, pilot and full scale production.
Your main assignments will be to:
- Independently plan and manage various up-scaling tasks
- Develop sustainable and economically viable process concepts and evaluate the potential of different process alternatives
- Act as technical lead in process development projects
- Support our production platforms with technical expertise
- Actively follow the technological development in relevant fields and identify opportunities for innovative and sustainable products and processes
Who are you?
The position requires that you have a positive and curious attitude to new challenges, good strategic and independent thinking as well as coordination ability. What we expect from you is an open-minded attitude and a collaborative way of working, striving for knowledge sharing with your colleagues. The position also requires that you are strong in building relations and executing on complex tasks with many stakeholders.
- We believe a technical higher education on minimum Master’s level, preferably in the fields of chemical engineering or process chemistry, is required.
- The successful applicant preferably has some years of documented experience in a relevant area, such as R&D/Innovation or chemical industry.
- Meriting if you have experience from scaling-up chemical processes.
- Knowledge in process safety and risk management is highly appreciated.
- Experience in the production of synthetic esters or expert knowledge in esterification is a clear advantage.
- Spoken and written English is required.
What can we offer?
What you do really counts!
Although present in many different countries, we are considered a quite small company. This means you are never anonymous – what you do really counts. You will have the opportunity to make a great positive impact; by driving change, transforming our production and enable new solutions that will help industries and products everywhere become more sustainable. And if this is not enough - you will be surrounded by friendly, supportive and engaged colleagues that you can learn from!
A strong company culture
Our core values Care, Responsibility, Reliability and Focused Innovation are a living part of our company culture. We believe in leading with our hearts and show concern for each other and for the world around us. We want to take responsibility and keep what we promise. We constantly strive to work smarter and better. If you share these values, we think you'll be happy with us!
Global reach with strong local presence and a stable owner
Since Perstorp is the world leader in several sectors of the specialty chemicals market, with a global presence, there are many opportunities to participate in international investments and development projects. Our new owner, PCG, is stable with a long-term horizon.
This is a permanent position based at Perstorp R&D Center in Perstorp in the south of Sweden. We apply a hybrid way of working, allowing freedom for our employees to work a few days per week from home.
For more information about the position contact Matias Kangas, Director Chemical and Process Development 0435-788039. Please send your application no later than June 18th.
Founded in Sweden in 1881, Perstorp’s focused innovation builds on more than 140 years of experience, representing a complete chain of solutions in organic chemistry, process technology and application development. Perstorp has approximately 1,500 employees and manufacturing units in Asia, Europe and North America. Sales in 2021 amounted to 13.5 billion SEK. Perstorp Group is since October 2022 a wholly-owned subsidiary of PETRONAS Chemicals Group Berhad (PCG), Malaysia´s leading integrated chemicals provider and part of PETRONAS Group.