As a leading specialty chemicals innovator, we know little things make a powerful difference! Using nature’s tiniest building blocks, Perstorp has for more than a century worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. You will find us all the way from your car and mobile phone to towering wind turbines and the local diary farm and so on…
Perstorp completes a chain of solutions in organic chemistry, process technology and application development. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility. Simply put, we work to make good products even better, with a clear sustainability agenda. Today we have approximately 1350 employees worldwide in Asia, Europe and North America.
Read more about us at www.perstorp.com
Now we´re expanding our team with a Manager Mechanical & Piping with location in Stenungsund or Perstorp.
About the position:
As Manager Mechanical & Piping you will lead and coordinate the discipline of mechanical and piping engineering within the company. This will primarily be in investment projects at the different productions sites in the Perstorp Group.
This is a great opportunity to join a global and dynamic team of project and engineering professionals, and to be part of forming the future direction of industrial excellence in the chemical industry, with a highly successful and vibrant company such as Perstorp. We are focused on keeping our promises, doing right and making it better – every day!
Your main work assignments and responsibilities will be to:
Resource planning of the team members according to relevant work processes to ensure optimal usage of competences and high personal development
Coach and support team members in successful task completion (line and project tasks)
Coach and support team members in career and competence development to match developing corporate needs
Continuously improve the engineering disciplines ability to deliver high quality solutions and projects and ensure GTI service and support to sites is efficient, effective and in line with operations strategy.
Ensure one way of working across whole discipline.
Act as a Lead for mechanical and piping engineering and design in relevant projects on regular base (approx. 50% of available working time)
Develops and review engineering studies, design drawings and documents and material and equipment specifications technical specifications to procure equipment and services.
Provides assistance with installation, startup and performance testing of multiple projects concurrently.
Develops and updates mechanical & piping engineering design standards.
Suggests new areas of research within mechanical and piping engineering
At all times follow Perstorp´s life saving rules and act as a role model within health and safety via the stated principles in GTI Health & Safety Policy and strive to further improve the work with Perstorp Careway.
The role includes a decision making authority within the context of budget and priorities agreed with team manager and full authority to stop any unsafe act or process that could harm individual or environment.
You will report to the Global Engineering Manager.
- Master degree or similar within mechanical and piping engineering discipline
- Extensive experience as Specialist or equivalent with high competence and extensive knowledge in piping and mechanical design and manufacturing
- You need to have deep know-how in resource planning, excellent leadership skills, experienced in change management and strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Experience as a lead engineer in a similar environment, running small teams of piping and mechanical engineers
- Highly structured in documentation of performed technical activities/projects and excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in the process industry and has overall expertise in mechanical & piping technologies
- Thorough knowledge of engineering practices, economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes, standards, procedures and specifications
- Experience with application of international codes and standards
- Good proficiency in English language
- Willingness to travel to other sites (international relations is a natural part of this position)
To find out more about the open position, please contact Manager Global Engineering, Erik Månsson +46 435 788 145. Please apply on-line not later than November 30, 2021.