Perstorp is building high potential team for it's Greenfield facility at Sayakha - Bharuch - Gujarat. You may apply if you or any of your known references are suitable for this role.
For over 140 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 9.2 billion SEK and have 1,370 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability, care and responsibility.
Position Title: Engineer - Electrical
Immediate Superior: Maintenance Manager
Job Type: Full time/Regular
Work Location: Site Sayakha, Bharuch, India
Job Summary: Accountable for electrical maintenance and repairs of facilities, 66KV Substation, PCC/iMCC, VFD, DG and other related functions within personal capabilities and deemed necessary for continuous operations of the Sayakha production plants.
- Assist in scope, design, and implementation of new electrical systems.
- Co-ordinate with Engineering Consulting counterparts , Construction Supervisor and contractors during Electrical System Installation & Erection. Testing & Verification.Assist in design, application, and installation of new equipment, processes, and systems.
- Create new and modify existing work instructions when necessary.
- Ensure all jobs are performed in accordance to recommended maintenance and repair instructions and best practices and in conformance to quality and environmental health/safety (EHS) standards and procedures.
- Perform assignments with minimal supervision.
- Participate in the identification and correction of safety, security, and environmental issues within the scope of maintenance activities.
- Follow instruction, quality improvement, and reporting procedures.
- Participate in the troubleshooting, acquisition of resources, tools, equipment, parts, and correction of electrical/automation related problem areas.
- Assist in the purchase and stocking of spare parts to accommodate the repair and maintenance needs of all areas.
- Maintain equipment, tools, shop, storage, and work areas in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Report discrepancies in work procedures.
- Train new Electrical technicians on plant specific installations and infrastructure.
- Assure documentation, reporting, and filing functions are completed for all work performed.
- Responsible to achieve Electrical objectives agreed annually.
- Supports and actively participates in the Site’s development along the Perstorp Careway.
- Follows all Company policies & procedures and all site health, safety, security and environmental rules.
- Assures conformance with Company policies & procedures and all site health, safety, security and environmental rules.
- Actively participates in EHSS programs (i.e. take care observations, safety training, toolbox talks, incident reporting & investigation and safety walks).
- Performs/supports other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management and support other employees as necessary in a team effort.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate Engineer in relevant discipline
- Experience (> 7 years) in an industrial, chemical, or manufacturing environment required. Hands on experience of handling iMCC panels is mandatory.
- Experience in handling the SLD, Transformer, Substation, HT, LT, HVAC, DG, VFD, various capacity motors, PCC/MCC,UPS, Earthing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical publications, manuals, and schematics as well as apply their use to maintain and repair equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Basic mechanical aptitude and use of common hand tools.
- Basic knowledge of computers and business software including, but not limited to, SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Motor circuits and related troubleshooting.
- Electrical conduit and cable tray routing design and installation.
- Electrical Cable installation (cable laying).
- Intrinsically safe electrical installation practices.
- Explosion-proof (Ex rated) electrical installation practices.
- Energy saving and cost saving measures.
- Earthing and Groundings.
- Automated bag filling machine and conveyor system operation and troubleshooting.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to implement process improvement from concept through project completion (project management skills).
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and through written text.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple/changing priorities.