Perstorp is in the midst of a strategic transformation! Would you like to be part of that journey in Engineered Fluids?
About the position
You will be part of a growing organization driving Perstorp’s strategic agenda of becoming a true specialty chemicals & solutions company.
Engineered Fluids is one of Perstorp’s three main strategic segments and it encompasses building blocks for polyol esters. Polyol esters are playing a pivotal role in the future of the lubricant industry as they will be a key success factor in the industry’s journey towards sustainability and increased energy efficiency. With an innovative and solution oriented approach we are ready to partner with our customers to develop high-performing, sustainable products for the future. In this role, you can have a significant impact in shaping the future of the Engineered Fluids segment, and in further expanding our Innovation capabilities.
Perstorp has an open, warm and collaborative company culture where you will have many skilled and experienced coworkers around you. As a “Perstorper” you will experience a welcoming atmosphere and the opportunity to engage with colleagues all around the globe. Since we are a relatively small company you will truly have the opportunity to influence and your efforts will be recognized.
You will report to VP Engineered Fluids, Valentina Serra Holm.
What you will do?
The Business Developer is responsible for identifying, evaluating and driving strategic developments in the Engineered Fluids segment, to enhance Perstorp’s offer. You will use your technical and commercial skills to develop our offering within the segment.
- Understand and proactively address sustainability trends and needs.
- Explore the market and identify applications where polyol esters will provide value.
- Contribute to the development of the segment’s product and service offering
- Develop the segment’s strategy in the area/region of competence
- Develop customer relations and opportunities
- Scope new innovation projects, monitor and secure progress throughout the innovation funnel
- Proactively monitor regulations, trends and competitors in the segment.
- Support the launch of new products and oversee the implementation
- Drive innovation together with our key customers
- Develop solutions to meet current and future market needs
Who are we looking for?
- Technical education in related areas (e.g., Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, etc.).
- Experience from technical sales.
- Experience within the lubricant and/or electrical industry
- Wide industry network in the lubricant and/or electrical industry
- Experience in value base selling
- Proven track record in sales development
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to travel to build relationships with potential customers and to develop opportunities.
As a person, you have a strong drive and a can-do mentality, you enjoy challenging yourself and to influence. You have great communications skills and find it easy to build relationships across and outside of the organization.
This is a permanent position that is home office-based. Traveling is a natural part of this position and we expect about 40 to 50% of your time meeting customers F2F.
For more information contact William Wallin, HR Business Partner, [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application no later than May 29th.
Perstorp believes in improving everyday life – making it safer, more convenient and more environmentally sound for billions of people all over the world. As a world leading specialty chemicals company, our innovations provide essential properties for products used every day and everywhere. You’ll find us all the way from your car and mobile phone to towering wind turbines and the local dairy farm. Simply put, we work to make good products even better, with a clear sustainability agenda.
Founded in Sweden in 1881, Perstorp’s focused innovation builds on more than 135 years of experience, representing a complete chain of solutions in organic chemistry, process technology and application development. Perstorp has approximately 1,350 employees and manufacturing units in Asia, Europe and North America. Sales in 2020 amounted to 9.2 billion SEK.
Learn more at www.perstorp.com