Are you in the beginning of your career looking for a role where you will be the engine of future product generation? Do you have a strong drive and interest in generating new ideas? We want you!
About the position
This position has emerged at an exciting time, presenting the successful candidate an opportunity to play a key role in our ambitious plans for further growth within the Specialty Chemicals Industry. This position is part of the Innovation organization, and is working with identifying and developing the future products and solutions of Perstorp. You will be part of the team “Strategic Markets” focusing on Resins & Coatings, Engineered Fluids and Sustainable Materials & Solutions. This team currently consists of six colleagues working with technical market development or project management.
In this role you will identify and develop new opportunities to strengthen and further develop our product and service offerings. You respond to ideas from the field and the business and at the same realize ideas of your own. You will work closely with internal as well as external stakeholders. Your daily work will include running the evaluation of ideas and driving smaller projects and other activities. Close collaboration with the R&D lab teams, intellectual property and regulatory affairs are often needed for success in your projects, as well as stakeholder communication & presentations.
The Associate technical market development manager has a key role in managing the dynamics that occurs through our ideation process through the different phases:
- Creating activities that make creativity much more likely to occur, increasing the probability of innovation. Engage with different stakeholders, internally as well as externally.
- Generate different approaches, promote divergent thinking through brainstorming and other techniques.
- Consider the ideas/options for possible new/improvement in product, process, or service; test, experiment to make sound assessments.
- Identify the customer need or problem that requires a creative and innovative solution
- Come up with one solution, move from many options to one innovation or innovative idea.
- Encourage constructive debates and discussion. Carefully manage conflicts and divergent thinking.
- Celebrate small or big innovative idea results.
Your main tasks:
- Identify and turn market needs into development projects in close collaboration with business and customers
- Screen and develop business ideas
- Develop new and existing ranges of strategic products and expand with new solutions including both products and services
- Build expertise in relevant markets and keep up to date with regulatory changes
- Generate technical marketing content to support sales and marketing
- Liaise with relevant European organizations, universities and key experts in the field
To be successful in this position you are:
- Entrepreneurial with a strong drive and motivation
- Customer oriented with good communication skills
- Stimulated by running different types of activities at varying pace
- Curious with the ability to analyze and learn new products and applications
- A team player that can work in close collaboration with customers, business, sales, R&D and marketing
Education and experiences required:
- Academic education, preferably in chemical engineering, chemistry, material science, product development or similar
- 2-3 years of working experience in an industrial environment
- Good understanding of the chemical market/industry and knowledge in chemical engineering is an advantage
This position will be based in Perstorp, Sweden, and will require travelling.
For more information about the position, please contact recruiting manager Linda Zellner, Innovation – Strategic Markets, by e-mail at: [email protected] or on +46(0)734 27 49 27
Perstorp believes in improving everyday life – making it safer, more convenient and more environmentally sound for billions of people all over the world. As a world leading specialty chemicals company, our innovations provide essential properties for products used every day and everywhere. You’ll find us all the way from your car and mobile phone to towering wind turbines and the local dairy farm. Simply put, we work to make good products even better, with a clear sustainability agenda. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,350 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America.