We have chosen to partner with The Hunger Project and their aim to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
The Hunger Project is a non-profit organization that aims to eliminate hunger and poverty. The vision is: A world where every woman, man and child leads a healthy, fulfilling life of self-reliance and dignity.
UN Sustainable Development Goal - Zero Hunger
Hunger is the leading cause of death in the world. Our planet has provided us with tremendous resources, but unequal access and inefficient handling leaves millions of people malnourished. If we promote sustainable agriculture with modern technologies and fair distribution systems, we can sustain the whole world’s population and make sure that nobody will ever suffer from hunger again.
The Hunger Project Approach
For the past 25 years, The Hunger Project has developed strategies to eliminate hunger and poverty once and for all. There are three basic components identified, that enable societies to permanently eliminate hunger and poverty:
- Start with women: A large part of the world's problems with poverty and hunger is because women do not have the same social status as men. Through The Hunger Project, women are trained to become decision makers, to take place among society's strongest leaders, and to become entrepreneurs on equal terms.
- Mobilize communities: To reverse the development of an entire society requires a vision. Great importance is placed on the program participants formulating a vision based on a future without poverty and hunger. When the vision, the commitment and the solutions are the people's own, the changes are permanent.
- Work for local partnerships: In order to create lasting change, it is important to involve both communities and local decision makers and authorities. The Hunger Project educates people in their democratic rights so that they can hear their voices and become stronger in their citizenship role.
The Hunger Project - Facts
- A non-profit organization that aims to eliminate hunger and poverty
- Vision: A world where every woman, man and child leads a healthy, fulfilling life of self-reliance and dignity
- Women in focus, 380.000 women have been trained in leadership since 2008
- Educates and strengthens people to end their own hunger and poverty
- Works globally and run programs in 12 countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia
- Most of The Hunger Project employees work in the program countries and are locally employed
- Thanks to committed local volunteers, The Hunger Project's program reached approximately 16 million people in 2017
- What is needed to eliminate hunger differs from country to country. The key issue is always: What's missing? Three basic components determine if sustainable changes can be created efficiently: social mobilization, gender equality and cooperation with local authorities.
- Our focus in on Ghana where The Hunger Project has been working since 1995, empowering community partners to end their own hunger and poverty
Follow The Hunger Project Ghana on Facebook here >>