Innovation & Strategy
Application due: August 07, 2017
For over 130 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,500 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility.
Perstorp is the global leading supplier of polyols and acids intermediates and specialty ingredients for the polyol ester lubricant, power fluid, grease, cosmetic markets. Innovation constantly focuses on developing new chemical solutions for meet new needs on the market.
We are looking for a Technical Market Development Manager to strengthen our developments for chemical intermediates for the synthetic lubricant market.
• Act as lubricant base stock technical expert in development and business related activities, internally and externally
• Constantly work to remain at the forefront of developments in the selected markets
• Take initiative for technological development in relevant fields, initiate new areas when applicable and lead implementation together with leading with customers, partners, and academic
• Manage application and product development projects when appropriate
• Develop economical viable application concepts for new and existing products and describe customer value
• Independently manage ester and lubricant application development tasks based on set business criteria and customer support
• Deliver technical marketing and promotion material for market development
• Close collaboration with business client, sales and marketing
• M.Sc. in chemistry.
• 5-15 years experience in R&D, Innovation, product development in the base stock and/or lubricant industry
• Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
• Specific experience and competence in tribology, lubricant formulations would be a merit
• Strong ability to develop an external network of partners and customers
• Strong communications skills and convincing
• Professional presentation skills
Excellent written and oral English
For more information, please contact David James, Vice President Innovation Cluster Coatings ＆ Resins, Lubricants ＆ Akestra, phone +46 406358835.
Please send your application no later than August 7th.