For over 130 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,500 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility.
Perstorp is now for the business area Specialty Polyols and Solutions looking for a Senior Segment Specialist Coatings, who can drive and develop customer facing segment expertise for selected value chains. The role is instrumental in the development of service offerings and joint development activities. A further scope is to identify and commercialize complementary offerings for certain segments, which will advance and broaden Perstorp’s position and portfolio in the area.
- Drive and develop front-end coating segment expertise and define the key segment areas for such development
- Understand and communicate market trends in the selected value chain
- A broad value chain understanding within the defined segment being on top of segment development and thereby customer’s present and future needs understanding the area of relevance for Perstorp
- Mapand identify potential complementary offerings to Perstorp’s existing portfolio
- Given decision to proceed with commercialization/launch of complementary offerings, lead customer product and/or segment development projects within area of expertise and be the go to person from a customer’s point of view with a key interface to innovation
- Give input to innovation and coordinate support needs
- Head specific customer projects and/or lead a range of project with support of Technical Sales Managers, PM
Support BU’s, Business Development and Marketing in the development of a go-to market strategy and value chain development.
- MSc in Chemical Engineering or equivalent university degree
- Minimum 10 years of technical coatings or coating resin experience within the segments
- International experience
- A fundamental interest in customer needs and how to help translate them into Perstorp value propositions
- Relationship builder with the customers, internally as well as within the relevant network ofexpertise in the industry
- Structured and goal oriented. Driven by market success rather than science
- A good presenter and somebody who instills trust internally and externally
For more information please contact: Bo Häggman, Vice President Business Development & Commercial Processes, BA Specialty Polyols & Solutions, e-mail: [email protected]. Mobile: +46-709-300 456
Please send your application by April 15th, 2019 at the latest.