For over 130 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,500 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility.
Perstorp is recruiting a Regional Sales Manager with overall responsibility for Taiwan.
The Regional Sales Manager has the overall responsibility in their Taiwan territory to establish, manage, coordinate and execute the sales budget with defined forecasts and targets set in cooperation and agreement with the VP Sales for the geographical region.
The Regional Sales Manager has the overall responsibility to assist in executing a market segment review of their Taiwan territory to establish, manage, coordinate and execute in line with targets set by VP Sales, the BA Managers and VP Marketing.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for all customer accounts in Taiwan territory and for leading and driving key customer relationships. The Regional Sales Manager should also have a technical understanding of product applications, markets and market segment trends as well as the competitive situation in their territories and master region.
The Regional Sales Manager is also responsible with developing and driving new business creation in conjunction with leadership from the VP Sales in the region. These opportunities will be collated and reviewed together with the BA in a measureable opportunity review process.
- Delivering sales within specified sales region to meet the BA’s overall regional marginal contribution targets and selected Animal Nutrition non additive products and for maximizing customer margin
- Business development in defined territory from a 0-6 month out perspective
- Delivering an accurate monthly regional forecast for Taiwan territory
- Accountable for the sales process from customer contact, to order, to cash in the bank for all accounts in Taiwan territory
- Accountable for monitoring their account performance against business plan targets and work with VP Sales to take corrective action when necessary
- Accountable for astute planning and maintaining prudent business expenditures within fixed cost budget
- Accountable for input for their specific accounts to assist Sales channel management, including direct sales, distributors and agents
- Accountable for participating at regional trade-shows and coordinating customer meetings / entertainment as these events
What will you do?
- Manage sales activities and resources within Taiwan region, and drive the sales process, including price quotes as defined by BA / Sales Management
- Negotiate and close contacts with defined input from the BA and Sales Management
- Lead and coordinate appropriate technical meetings with target customers to include arranging important joint calls with marketing and technical colleagues to move business opportunities forward
- Develop understanding of customers’ demand for products relevant to Perstorp, and continuously monitor expected developments in usage and plans with potential strategic implications for Perstorp, and communicate to Business / Sales Management
- Participate, assist in coordinating and leading regional trade shows to include customer meetings and entertainment
- Ensure efficient territory planning to effectively cover the assigned region in keeping fixed costs in line
- Follow-up on all samples in Taiwan territory and populate opportunity pipeline for key business areas
- Provide timely on agreed customer prices and validity to CSO to ensure smooth processing of orders
- Provide input on development of sales strategy, customer account share plans, market action plans and target customers, market segmentation, market information / business trends
- Develop annual sales budget for all relevant Business Areas in line with business targets
- Maintain a quarterly rolling forecast for assigned territory
- Develop account plans for key accounts and target accounts, keep those plans updated on a quarterly basis and execute these plans in assigned region. The plans will include: detailed sales targets, customer acquisition strategies, customer profitability targets, planned activities and resource requirements needed to be successful
- Coordinate discussions within and across Business Areas and other functional organizations to effectively serve customers
- Provide a monthly report to include sales details on top 10 accounts and key market segments. This report will include MC Actual versus Budget, Sales Volume versus budget and actual YTD sales versus budget
- BSc in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent university degree
- Minimum 5 years in chemical sales
- Language knowledge of the region of operation. Fluently in English
- Effective sales experience including excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills