For over 130 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,500 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility.
The company is growing and several investment programs within operations are in the pipeline. Perstorp has a demand for additional electrical & automation engineering resources to secure that the investments will be delivered successfully.
About the position
Global Technology & Investment (GTI) is a global technology department within the Operations function at Perstorp. The department is responsible for setting the overall Technology Strategy for Perstorp. In alignment with that strategy the department is focused on developing and delivering technology solutions mainly through investments, and stabilizing and optimizing plant performance across all Perstorp’s production sites in the world. Staff members in GTI are primarily located in Perstorp & Stenungsund.
As Electrical & Automation Engineer in GTI you will work globally and provide your know-how in investment projects, technical networks, as well as in activities aimed at stabilizing and optimizing plant performance at the different production sites in the Perstorp Group.
You will report to Team Manager Automation in Perstorp.
This is a great opportunity to join a global and dynamic team of GTI professionals, and to be part of forming the future direction of industrial excellence in the chemical industry, with a highly successful and vibrant company such as Perstorp. We are focused on keeping our promises, doing right and making it better – every day!
- Deliver design and implementation in technical projects
- Lead or act as expert in the electrical & automation discipline in technical projects and activities
- Provide guidance to project basic design and detail design engineering work
- Prepare and review of engineering studies, design drawings, documents, material and equipment specifications
- Prepare and review of cost estimations in investment projects
- Manage minor investment projects or projects aimed at stabilizing and optimizing plant performance
- Review and assist with update of internal technical guidelines and standards within electrical & automation
- Assist with coordination, update and mapping of current/future system needs for technical documentation and design
- Suggest improvements of relevant internal work processes
- Participate in technical sourcing activities with responsibility for technical evaluation
- Keep knowledge up to date for new technologies and lead special projects to address tactical and/or strategic issues within relevant technical field.
- Suggests new areas of research for the relevant technical field
- Master degree or similar within relevant engineering discipline or several years of experience as electrical & automation engineer or equivalent with high competence and extensive knowledge of process industry and industrial automation
- Highly structured in documentation of performed technical activities/projects and excellent writing skills
- Work process-oriented mindset
- Good proficiency in English language
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Able to travel to other sites (international relations is a natural part of this position)
To find out more about the position, please contact Christian Joelsson, Manager Automation +46-734-27 47 58.
Your application should be sent in by 02 May 2019, at the latest. Please note that we will have an ongoing review and selection process for all incoming applications.