For over 130 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,500 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility.
Perstorp’s production unit in the Netherlands is located in the southern part of country, close to the village of Waspik. This site was established in 1977 and started with the processing of edible oil mixtures. Feed additives based on organic acids are produced on this site since 1998. Perstorp acquired the Waspik activities in 2005, to strengthen the feed and food division.
Perstorp Waspik B.V., part of the Perstorp Animal Nutrition Business area is looking for a motivated EHS Coordinator to help the Waspik site grow their Safety, Health and Environment culture to match our ambition to become world class.
The Waspik site has a great team, in which you will be welcomed as EHS Coordinator, brining expertise and support, joining the organization in their culture development journey. With your high energy level, anticipation, eye for detail and good sense of humor you can make a difference. Check out the job description below and if you feel this is you please join us.
- Carry out routine and improvement activities in the areas of:
- EHS KPI and target data collection, handling and reporting
- Arrangement and accompanying routine inspections by approved external suppliers, e.g. fire extinguisher checks, LEV inspections, noise surveys, DSE assessments, legionella assessments, asbestos surveys.
- Maintaining document control and routine reviews of EHS documentation
- Assists with EHS training on site.
- Develop training courses by researching materials and deliver training either via Global tools or directly
- Carries out safety inspections and makes recommendations for improvement
- Manage safety data sheet collection from suppliers and distribution via site systems?
- Assist the EHS Manager/line managers in advising and training teams with respect to safety and regulatory compliance
- Assist in general administration duties within Perstorp BV, as agreed between EHS Manager and other departments
- General assistance with EHS management systems
- Assist in audits of the EHS systems at Waspik
- Manage paper and documentation records and systems as required for waste disposal and environmental monitoring
- Report license to operate key performance indicators and report deviations against License to operate set boundaries.
- Support in preparation for (re-)New licences
- The jobholders have full decision-making authority within the context of budget and priorities agreed with Site Manager.
- Full authority to stop any unsafe act or process that can harm individual or environment.
- Should hold a safety qualification such as NEBOSH diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a chemical or process industries manufacturing plant is a plus
- Competent in computer programmes such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Independently perform work duties described above.
- Assist EHS Manager in the objectives of the EHS Policy at Waspik Site
- Assure that the activities are carried out in accordance with Waspik EHS Management System
Applications in writing, enclosing an up to date CV and current salary details to be submitted via our website no later than May 13, 2019.
Want to know more?
For more details regarding the position, don´t hesitate to contact Senior Responsible Care Specialist, Ad Vos, email or +31 6 51 38 61 14.